Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (can be found HERE)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper if desired
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
Melt ghee or clarified butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
Add chicken, onion and lemon juice; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
While chicken is cooking mix coconut milk, coconut flour, and salt in small bowl until smooth.
Stir in paprika, minced garlic, garam masala and cumin; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes; mix well.
Gradually stir in coconut milk and flour mixture; mix well.
Add red pepper to taste, if desired. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low; stirring frequently, simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)