Discover The Benefits of Vitamin E
Why Do We Need Vitamin E?
Vitamin E has several important functions. For example, it acts as an antioxidant, which protects cell membranes.
This helps to maintain healthy skin, eyes and strengthens the immune system.
Good sources of vitamin E
Vitamin E is found in a wide variety of foods. The richest sources are plant oils, such as soy, corn and olive oil.
Other good sources include:
nuts and seeds
wheat germ – found in cereals and cereal products
How much vitamin E do I need?
The amount of vitamin E you need is:
4mg a day for men
3mg a day for women
The average person should be able to get all the vitamin E you need from your daily diet but we all know sometimes no matter how we try sometimes it’s just not possible. Don’t panic! We offer a high-quality form of this product right here.
What happens if I take too much vitamin E?
There isn’t enough evidence to know what the effects might be of taking high doses of vitamin E supplements each day.
What does the Department of Health advise?
You should be able to get the amount of vitamin E you need by eating a varied and balanced diet. If you take vitamin E supplements, don’t take too much.
Taking 540mg or less a day of vitamin E supplements is unlikely to cause any harm
If this is still a concern for you we have you covered! We also offer a lower potency of the same product that can be found in our products page.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)